With the AMA Supercross, AMA Arenacross and Northeast SnoCross series all concluded, we thought this would be a great opportunity to recognize the success of our Engine Ice supported racers. Although theses series have concluded there are many more races left to compete in this season. Look for an update email each month and follow us on social for all of the details.
German Supercross Championship
Nick Schmidt Wins German Supercross Championship
Riding for the Engine Ice supported Sturm Racing team, American privateer Nick Schmidt won the German Supercross Championship, wrapping up the title with one night of racing remaining. It is the first German Championship of Schmidt’s career.
The series began in 2016 and concluded in January 2017 with Schmidt missing an AMA Supercross event to wrap up his title. Schmidt also had a successful 2017 AMA Supercross Series as part of The Professional Journey; another Engine Ice supported racing team. Schmidt made 13 main events during the season and finished 23rd overall in the final standings.
East Coast SnoCross Series
Multiple Championships for Team Southside Polaris
Engine Ice supported Team Southside Polaris had an amazing 2017 East Coast SnoCross championship series.
The team won 8 championships and swept the Pro classes. Championship winners included:
- Kristoffer Holm
- Kassie Thibodeau
- Jared Gessner
- Richard Bernard
- Wyatt Hoffman
In other SnoCross action, Engine ice supported Andy Lieders scored excellent finishes on the National Tour in the Pro Lites class aboard his Polaris sled.
Top 10 Results for Engine ice Riders
- Davi Millsaps – 5th overall with 14 top 10 finishes
- Blake Baggett- 6th overall with 14 top 10 finishes and a podium finish in Atlanta
- Nick Schmidt – 23rd overall with 13 main events
- Adam Enticknap – 32nd overall with 7 main events Final Supercross Standings
- Luke Renzland – 8th overall with 5 top 10 finishes
- Gannon Audette – 11th overall with 2 top 10 finishes
- John Short – 25th overall with 3 main events
- Dylan Merriam – 26th overall with 3 main events